The Clean Shave
Tips for the best shave of your life:
- Choose a clean, sharp razor. We love straight razors, but a good safety razor works too.
- Exfoliate. We recommend exfoliating the skin to remove dead skin cells before shaving.
- Choose natural, nourishing shaving products. First choose a quality shave cream, soap or jelly. Each has its own benefits. The soap is used for wet shaving and achieves the closest shave. Our shave cream formula achieves a very close and moisturizing shave. Shave jelly is great for men with facial hair (because the hairline is visible), and is popular in warmer weather.
- Use an alcohol-free, moisturizing after shave splash. Whiskey After Shave Splash is packed with sea minerals that nourish the skin and it smells great.
- Cleanse and exfoliate. Cleansing and exfoliating remove dirt and bacteria. If you don't remove the dirt and bacteria, it can be pushed down into nicks and cause ingrown hair or acne.
- Apply shave product. Massage chosen shaving product evenly onto your face using small, circular motions with your fingertips or a shave brush.
- Shave. Using short, steady strokes, shave with the grain of the hair and rinse the razor after each stroke. Avoid pulling your skin when shaving, which can cause ingrown hairs. An optional step if you have senstive skin is to shave one more time against the grain of your hair. This cuts the stubble directly at the skin, but not all skin types can handle this additional step.
- Rinse and dry your face. Use cool water or a gentle facial cleanser to remove any remaining cream or loose hairs from your face. Pat the skin dry with a clean towel.
- After Shave Splash or Balm. Apply your favorite after shave product to the face while it is still moist. If using a splash, rub your hands together with a little splash and apply to your face and neck. Using after shave helps further prevent ingrown hairs, as well as adding a nice scent to your freshly shaven face.